The complexity of high-stakes divorce cases involving individuals with sophisticated financial holdings and a high net worth require custom handling by an experience attorney. High net worth divorces require the knowledge of financial and tax issues, and the compassion and tenacity of divorce and family law.
Common high net worth cases involve
- Corporate executives,
- Business owners,
- Celebrities, and
- Wealthy families.
We understand and serve the concerns of our high net worth clientele including the need for complete confidentiality and respect for privacy. Our attorneys recognize that high net worth individuals will require additional care to protect the assets they have worked hard to acquire, and are prepared to work with financial advisers, tax experts, business valuation experts, and even forensic accountants, when necessary, to ensure that we provide our clients with a strong case foundation.
High net worth cases include the traditional concerns of divorcing individuals such as child custody and distribution of assets but also include other specific concerns such as:
- Multipart marital estate valuation;
- Valuable furniture, art, or coin collections;
- Real estate holdings such as vacation homes or other property;
- Multiple vehicles, boats, or other recreational vehicles;
- Protecting professional practices or future earnings (e.g. royalties);
- Complex property distribution;
- Offshore or multiple bank accounts;
- 401(k)s, retirement plans, or savings;
- Stock options or other business ventures;
- Pre- and postnuptial agreements; and
- High asset alimony.