C. Christine Smith is a native of California, moving to Florida in 1984. She earned her Bachelor of Science in Information Technology from the University of South Florida, with high honors in 1996. Christine worked for Verizon for eight years as a beta tester, computer programmer, and business analyst.
In 2006, Christine graduated with honors from Stetson University College of Law, joining the L. David Shear Children’s Law Center of Bay Area Legal Services, a nonprofit law center dedicated to providing legal representation for abused, neglected, or abandoned children.
In 2011, Christine joined the firm of Hernandez & Smith, P.A. as a partner focusing on family law and business litigation. Christine is admitted to practice in Florida, the U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, and the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Medicaid Workgroup for Foster Children, (2008 – 2010)
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Youth Events Committee (2010 – 2012)
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Leadership Institute (2009 – 2011)
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Secretary of the Board (2012 – 2013)
- Unity in the Community, Board of Directors (2011 – 2013)
- Ferguson-White Inn of Court (2011 – 2013)
- Pregnancy Care Center, Board of Directors (2014 – present)
- Riverview Condominium Association, Board of Directors (2015 – present)